WHEEL & TIRE SERVICES
Integrated Collision & Truck Specialists know it’s a proven fact that preserving a reliable automobile requires changing worn or faulty tires and checking for any issues with wheel disturbances as well. Tire upkeep is essential to the safety and longevity of your vehicle. Tires need to be purchased by the proper size for the car make and model. Tires should be bought in sets of 4, or at least coordinating groups of two on each axle.
If you are looking to get the longevity out of your tires, as long as the tread looks decent, then maybe a tire rotation will suffice. Our technicians will advise once an inspection is done on what would be the best solution for you.
Why are tires so important to maintain? Tires wear eventually, tread starts to become thin, which will result in the used wheel losing traction. This creates safety risks that can be avoided. Manufactures suggest tires need to not be used for longer than 10 years. Changing wheels is advised every 6 years, however with typical use tires being changed every few years is more likely. Wear happens with regular driving. Various other factors such as driving habits, roadway conditions and weather can easily reduce the life of your tires.
New tires may be the answer if:
- Your tread is below 4/32, or cannot pass the “penny” test
- Irregular tread wear
- Bulges, bumps or soft spots on the tire
- Damage to the tire that can’t be mended
What we can do to help with tires and wheel repairs:
- Inspecting the lug nuts for wear
- Installing new valve stems
- Replacing old tires with new tires
- Appropriate balancing of the wheels
- Inspecting the disc brake caliper clearance
- Measure the width in between calipers, wheels and rims to check for possible disturbances
- Tightening up lug nuts to appropriate torque
At Integrated Collision & Truck Specialists our team is here to help with your wheel and tire service needs on all car, trucks, SUV’s, motor coaches, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, tractor trailers, diesel vehicles, or fleet vehicles.
We’re open Monday – Saturday 8am-5pm. Let us know how we can help or if you have any questions about these services! Contact us, get an estimate or make an appointment.